Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The CoverGirl Line Review

CoverGirl has always been one of my 'go to' Drugstore cosmetic lines. I love some of their products- and I definitely do not love others of theirs. Here are my top loves and hates from CoverGirl.



Loves:
Liquiline Blast Eye Liner
  This is the best eyeliner I have ever used, by far. I love this! It glides on perfect, looks perfect, and smudges so easily to that totally sexy smoky eye look. I love the colors, and the price isn't too bad either. This is my favorite eyeliner!

Smoky Shadow Blast
 These things are awesome. Application is beyond easy, and the look they create is flawless. I think I will do a youtube tutorial on my favorite look by these. My favorite is the Silver Sky. I love all of these, and they look great!


Lash Blast Mascara & Lash Blast Fusion Mascara
 Both of these Mascaras are awesome. They are both very true to their color- and the best thing is the brush! It's so amazing, it doesn't clump at all! It separates your lashes before, during and after application so it doesn't make them stick together and also doesn't make them clumpy. Fantastic!


Hates:

 The 'Clean' line of products. The entire line. I do not like the liquid foundation. The shades vary from bottle to bottle, and they have a lot of shades, which usually means that you can get a pretty exact fit. Nu-uh. I have never found a shade of foundation from this line that matches my skin whatsoever. I have fairly light skin so it's not like my color is not common.
  The pressed powder is worse than the foundation. The colors, as above, are weird too. It's either pale white, or it's orange. The coverage is horrible in both of these products. I don't even think you can rightfully call it coverage. So, between the color problems, and the coverage, or the lack there of, I don't really like these products so much. The price is fantastic, but I would rather choose something different.
 

 The products I have mentioned are the only CoverGirl products I really have a strong opinion about. I have tried many other CoverGirl products, and if I haven't mentioned them it's because they are either just alright, or their not 'too horrible.' CoverGirl gives out lots and lots of coupons, and their products often go on sale which probably has a lot to do with how many women refer to CoverGirl as their favorite Drug Store brand. Like I have said many, many times... Beauty shouldn't cause you to break the bank. A cosmetic that fits you perfectly, will always fit your wallet perfectly too. 


 Don't forget to enter my Spring Freebie. I'm giving away some CoverGirl cosmetics in that!

No comments:

Post a Comment